Pages

.

DON'T PANIC!!!

Ah... Dress Rehearsal was today, and the kids did a very good job, so tomorrow's Opening Night shouldn't be too hard on the ol' nerves.

Knowing that I usually turn to comfort food in times of high stress, and wanting to feel the satiety I've been missing since the DepTran incident, I decided to add the occasional batch of low-carb veggies back into my repertoire to help avoid the temptation of eating more and more calorie-dense meats & eggs. I did have one rather debilitating macadamia & cashew binge around hour 70 of the past working "week", but other than that I've been eating delicious meals along the typical pattern of a smaller morning meal of meat & eggs, and a larger dinner of the same with some veggies if desired. As I explained to one of my gobsmacked cast members, I only eat cabbage and zucchini when my moods tell me I could use a sugar fix :P My energy levels have not wavered at all over the past, well, months really, and my digestion hasn't been as troubled with the addition of veggies as it has been in the past, though the nuts sure had an impact.

So here are the past ten days worth of eats, in chronological order, ending with tonight's perfect cold winter night meal - Coconut Chicken Curry! If you're not sure what you're looking at, just hover your cursor over the image and all will become clear...

Roast chicken and sautéed cabbage
Roast chicken and eggs fried in copious amounts of butter
Mixed seafood (mussels, calimari, fish, prawns, etc) sautéed in butter
Raw salmon, splashed with lemon juice
Roasted chicken drumsticks and boiled broccolini with butter
Tuscan sausages from Jonathan's, eaten at work
Grilled salmon fillet, bacon, and boiled broccolini
Jonathan's chipollatas and eggs fried in butter
Jonathan's chipollatas and grilled salmon fillet
Grilled lamb forequarter chop and fried egg, with butter
Lamb forequarter chop, grilled a little longer than intended
Fried eggs and grilled bacon
Rack of lamb! Yum!
Bacon & egg smash!
Pork spare ribs and broccoli
Lamb chops and fried eggs with butter
Raw salmon sashimi, chopped and tossed with lemon juice
Raw salmon sashimi, with sautéed fennel
Coconut chicken curry on sautéed cabbage and zucchini
With the run of show performances dominating my life for the next few days, I'll be sticking to my little morning meals - possibly protein shakes to maximise my sleep - and my larger dinners, which will usually be prepared by my primal-convert Mum! She's coming up to stay while she takes a break from her own stressful job, and will be running food up to me as there will not be time for me to get home in between teaching hours and the beginning of show preparations. So much hair to finger-wave, so little time to chow down! I look forward to photographing and sharing her efforts with you all soon.

Roll on Sunday...

No comments:

Post a Comment