Pages

.

Recipe: Choc-Avocado Mousse, & My Tropical Breakfast Party!

As a treat, I made a fruit-based breakfast for myself and my parents as I was staying at their farmhouse for the weekend. Before dealing with the hot elements of the meal, I made a new treat I primalised from an old favourite:

Choc-Avocado Mousse



Ingredients:

2 very ripe avocados (1/2 a fruit per person, minimum)
1/2 cup unsweetened cacao powder
1t or more cinnamon powder

Optional - some sweetener, some shaved dark chocolate, a pinch of cayenne, a splash of lemon or lime, a touch of vanilla, chopped berries, a mashed banana... The possibilities are endless!

Method:

This one's a doddle! Scoop out the flesh of the avocados, and combine with the cacao (and sweetener) with a blender or a spoon and elbow grease. Done!

Serve immediately, or chill in the refrigerator before needed. A wonderful, rich accompaniment for a fruit dessert, or pancakes! And I love it on its own - such healthy fats, gourmet flavour, and all the goodness found in cacao.

Serving suggesting: use as a dip for fresh strawberries - oh my word!!


My Tropical Breakfast of Kings!

What do you get when you combine:

Sliced banana, fried in coconut oil and sprinkled with cinnamon


Mixed berries - mine were frozen, so I defrosted and partially cooked them by dry-frying.


Choc-Avocado Mousse


&

Almond Pancakes?

Here's what!


Yum!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment