Pages

.

So Delightfully Close

Ah yes, the end is so very, very near... Yesterday was the last real 'teaching day' of the year, leaving just a week of fun activities and staff partying til summer freedom!

So here are the last meals of 2009 that were tinged with a side of stress:

Thursday

I decided to fast until dinnertime, after Wednesday night's big feed left me anything but hungry!

Dinner - entree: two beef sausages, and a lamb chop


Dinner - main: pork roast - heavy of the crackling, but I left most of the lean alone. Perfection!


Friday

Breakfast: two beef sausages and a lamb chop


Lunch: chorizo and egg, scrambled in coconut oil


Then I had a mate over for dinner and board games, so I whipped up chorizo, bacon and green capsicum mini frittata, served atop the green salad to accompany the main:


Since I was pressed for time, I had to skip the experimental main I wanted to make (watch this space...), and went for the ever-popular fried chicken fingers!


No time for a dessert either, unfortunately. So this dinner party wasn't the blogging fodder I had hoped. But with summer visitors and visiting happening regularly from just a week's time, there will be lots of healthy, culinary fun to be had!

No comments:

Post a Comment