Pages

.

Gwynnie Bee: Fashion for Plus-Size Cutie-Pies

Spotted Osprey Boat Neck Top from Gywnnie Bee

So I'll be the first to tell you I don't know a darn thing about fashion-sense. When I was growing up I overheard something about you shouldn't wear white after Labor Day and that fat girls shouldn't wear stripes.

Yep... that's all I know (and apparently both of those rules have been completely thrown out the window these days...) so when it comes to fashion, my favorite thing to wear is a black t-shirt and jeans... I'm not sure that will ever really change. Oh and then there's the weight thing... yeah.. I'm a plus size girl, always have been.. probably always will be. I've never aimed to be a size 2, but I would eventually like to get a healthier size. I'm still holding on to those size 12 jeans I wore right after I got married...

But one of my favorite bloggers last year, Skinnie Emmie kept talking about the awesomeness of this company called Gwynnie Bee. She kept saying it was like a "Netflix" of clothing for plus size gals. (Henceforth called Plus-Size Cutie-Pies! I'm kinda proud of coming up with that! lol)




And after reading about all of Emmie's Gywnnie Bee fashion success stories, I finally decided I wanted to try the free month. Why not? Let's give it a whirl. While I HATE in-store clothes shopping (even at places that carry my size), I am a born online shopper... I could do that all day long! 

So I checked out the service. Basically it works as Emmie said, just like Netflix:
  1. You sign up for their service (you do have to share your credit card info, so that if after your free month you enjoy the service, you can pay the fee to continue using it -- and for insurance purposes, you are borrowing expensive clothing!) 
  2. You choose how many clothes you would like to "rent" out at a time, anywhere from 1 piece to 10 pieces. I chose 3 at a time, it was their mid-range choice. 
  3. You browse through their extensive collection of plus-size clothing (sizes 10-28!!!) and simply click on the items you might be interested in trying and add them to your virtual closet!
  4. You sit back, relax, and wait for Gwynnie Bee to pick out items in your closet and ship them to you, ready to wear! The items have been thoroughly dry cleaned or washed after each wear and are ready for you put them on! 
  5. Once you've tried an item, keep it as long as you like (whether it's a day or a month) and then return it via UPS in the prepaid envelope they include. You don't even have to wash it before sending it back. The awesome folks at Gwynnie Bee take care of all of that for you! 
  6. As soon as you let them know that you sent an item back, they package another one up and get it in the mail to you!

Relaxed Ruffle Front Blouse

These two shirts (at the top of the post and right above) are from my first Gwynnie Bee box. I've never owned a high-end piece of women's clothing... but it has been so much fun to try them on and decide if I like the new shapes, textures, fabrics, colors, etc...

I've always been sort of a drab dresser. I like dark colors (to hide all the lumps and bumps) and I like jeans... oh and sneakers and flip flops!



But this awesome collection of plus-size clothing makes me want to expand my wardrobe and add fun colors. I like myself a lot more now than I did a year ago... and I think I finally decided I wanted my wardrobe to reflect that.

So bright colors here we come! I'll be sharing my journey into figuring out fashion for this plus-sized cutie pie in the upcoming weeks on GLG. I hope you'll join me for the ride as I try different plus-size styles and shapes from Gywnnie Bee and superb fashion advice from my awesome friend Clara Ogren.




GLG Disclaimer: 
Gwynnie Bee is an awesome company that I've chosen to try and pay for out of my own pocket. They are not paying me or compensating me in any way and all opinions in this post are my own!  Although if they want to pay me, I'd be all for it! :-P 


No comments:

Post a Comment