Pages

.

Recipe: Primal Beef Curry

So simple, yet amazing!

Ingredients:

2T coconut oil

1 cup chopped onion

1 cup chopped celery

3 cloves garlic

450g diced beef

400ml canned diced tomatoes

250ml salsa (I made mine fresh with 1 cup of green peppers, 5 cherry tomatoes and 3 olives)

1t cumin powder

1T chili powder

1t ground thyme



Heat coconut oil in a large frying pan, then sauté the celery, onion and garlic for 3 minutes, until the onion is translucent.

Add meat and spice, stirring well, and cook for 5 minutes.

Add tomatoes and salsa, stir well, and then simmer for at least an hour.

Superb served over riced cauliflower, topped with flaked almonds. Depending on portions, serves between 2 and 4.



I divided the curry into three - one for the boy, one for me, and one for tomorrow's lunch. I can't wait to flaunt my 'diet' in front of my colleagues! I've cut up 100g of cauliflower and spooned the curry over it, so it's just waiting to be popped into the microwave and then popped into my belly!

Nutritional info for each of three serves:

Calories - 469.4
Total Fat - 22.4g (SF - 12.4, PUF - 1.1, MUF - 6g)
Sodium - 338.9mg
Total Carbohydrate - 19g
- Fiber - 5g
Net Carbohydrate - 14g
Protein - 49.2g

The beau announced that this is his favourite Primal recipe thus far. I believe him.

Why?



Nom.

No comments:

Post a Comment