Pages

.

Many Animals, Many Long Hours, Many Aching Muscles

Today was the penultimate day of Term 3, so the kids have basically zoned out and the teachers are pretty much burnt out. The school's way of dealing with this is to offer the staff junk food at all opportunities, and turn a blind eye while kids go wild after class parties or sit in front of yet another screening of 'Mean Girls' in what should otherwise be Maths class. I have yet to succumb, even giving my junior English class a test. Mwahahahaha! While my breakfast wasn't ideal, it was good to know that a big, meaty dinner would be waiting for me at the end of it all, albeit at 8pm!

Breakfast: Bacon and scrambled eggs (with lots of lard!) No thawed steaks in the fridge, argh! Have now ensured the situation will not occur again pre-Thailand, by buying up a store's-worth of lamb forequarter chops!


Lunch: I had assumed I would be skipping lunch, despite my light breakfast, but then at the staff function the catering team got their act together and served up a GIANT antipasto platter!! Meat!! Sure makes a HUGE change from the usual sandwiches and sausage rolls. So I nabbed a piece of ham and a piece of pressed poultry (of some description) and washed it down with some soda water (one solitary bottle on a table straining to hold up a bottle-o's entire stock of wine, plus litres or sickly soft drinks). My belly has obviously forgotten how to deal with carbonation, so that was a bit achy for a bit while I sat through farewell speeches.

Then it was off to a local shopping centre to do some last-minute swimsuit hunting before we jet overseas, but no luck. So I went and bought what I always buy - meat! Oh, and some new plates, to mix it up a bit. Aren't they pretty?


Ooooh, rack of lamb! Yes, I set them up like that just for the photo, though my hunger meant, as usual, I didn't take the time to give the shot its due care. It had been 12 hours since breakfast, c'mon!

Dinner: rack of lamb, and porterhouse steak! Served with butter on its own little mini-version of the new plates, aww! I'll snap a pic of the adorable set-up next time - as I say, I was too damn hungry!


Ok, just one more day to live through, and then it's hello hammock! Well, hello suitcase first, whilst I try on my summer wardrobe to see if I have anything that will stay up...

No comments:

Post a Comment