Pages

.

Shaking & Flaking

This hot weather has really knocked me for six. I've been waking up early every morning as well, so while I cope through the working day just fine, the minute I get home, my system tries fervently to fall asleep in whatever position I happen to be in. I'm avoiding the hammock of late since I fear I will instantly nod off, and wake three hours later with sunburnt legs and nauseating dehydration. Tomorrow promises to be a touch cooler, thank goodness. In the meantime, the shakes have works wonders at keeping me cool, although in the overly air-conditioned staffroom, supping on a chilled drink is quite painful! I wonder how many of us will be down with 'flu before the week is out. Well, not I, of course, with my vitamin D supplementation and all! Since every second study/article of late reports on the importance and value of vitamin D, I'm so glad that it has been part of my daily regimen for months now.

Today I shook it up for breakfast, lunch and afternoon tea, and for dinner I threw a pile of meat on the grill whilst I hid in the air conditioned bedroom.

The photos of my plate turned out quite oddly unappealing (the photos took on a green tint in the centre...), so here's a quick montage of two past dinners that, when combined, equate to the amount of meat I tried to chow down this evening:



Served up - one scotch fillet steak, and one lamb forequarter chop (both organic & grass-fed). Flaked on finishing the chop - just couldn't do it! Well, I probably could have stuffed it down, but I was quite satisfied with what I had already eaten, so why waste the calories? I finished the lamb, of course: I don't waste lamb, I'm Australian!

No comments:

Post a Comment